This salsa combines the best layering of tomato flavors – some are roasted, some uncooked, so it has freshness and depth together.
Makes 2 ½ cups
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow cherry (or teardrop) tomatoes
- 5 plum tomatoes, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup chopped Nicoise olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the red and yellow cherry tomatoes and place them in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the chopped roasted tomatoes, olive oil, olives, shallot, basil, thyme if using, and salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to combine.