Makes: 1 1/2 cup
This is so smooth and creamy, and the prettiest pale green. Match it up with a Cucumber Melon Cooler to keep the green theme going. Add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder if you want some heat with your cool creaminess!
Cut up raw vegetables would be great with this, too in addition to the chips. Click here for tips on how to put together a great crudite platter!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed, cut into chunks
- ½ cup sour cream, regular or reduced fat, or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Place the avocado, sour cream, lemon or lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with the chips.
Photo credit Sarah Crowder.