Serve this with tortilla chips and a margarita for Cinco de Mayo! A sprinkle of sliced scallions on top adds nice color.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced scallions, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- In a food processor, place the black beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, sour cream, 1/4 cup scallions, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips or vegetables.