Spicy Pear and Cilantro Salsa
Bright and citrusy and sweet and herby.
I forget about fruit salsas, which is kind of funny considering a) how much I like them and b) how many recipes I’ve written for them over the years. But the nice thing about forgetting about a food you love is that you get to rediscover it over and over again. If this sounds to you like someone justifying a premature senior moment, you are correct.
Yes, serve this with chips (pita chips, tortilla chips, whatever chips you like), but also serve it on top of or alongside grilled chicken, pork, steak or fish (or chicken, pork, steak or fish cooked any which way). If you don’t feel like buying pomegranate seeds, the salsa will still be delicious without them.
- 2 ripe but firm pears, diced
- ½ red onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded Hatch or other hot pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 Meyer lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl gently combine the pears, onions, pomegranate seeds, hot peppers, cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
Originally appeared on TheMom100.com.